Essential Cruising & Charter Skills for Catamarans
|Saturday, February 15, 3:00 pm||Pier 1||TBD|
*Note: Please reference registration page for all dates/times that are still available.
Ideal if you’re preparing for your first charter or simply want to hone your skills. Solid anchoring and mooring skills will minimize your anxiety and assure the safety of your boat.
Learn skills that are essential for keeping your cat safe in weather and when anchoring, including:
- Heaving to, reefing and sailing under reefed mainsail
- Anchoring and rigging a snubber including techniques for a crowded anchorage
- Weighing anchor and departing an anchorage
- Casting off and departure techniques
- Crew communications
- When and how to set up an anchor watch
- Multiple anchor setups