Entry to the 2020 Miami Innovation Awards is OPEN! The Innovation Awards, managed by NMMA and judged by Boating Writers International, is one of the industry’s most prestigious honors recognizing manufacturers and suppliers who bring new, innovative products for the boating industry to market.
2020 Program Details: Entry is open to all contracted 2020 Progressive® Insurance Miami International Boat Show® exhibitors who meet all requirements outlined in the Rules & Regulations.
Entry Deadline: January 10, 2020
1. Request access to unique online entry form: Email Melissa Taylor (firstname.lastname@example.org) your contracted company name and booth number to receive your unique online entry form.
2. Complete and submit entry form. The following items are required fields on the entry form:
- Selection of one Product Category.
- Product Description (maximum 250 words). Descriptions should clearly illustrate the innovation and how the product works. Product Description Tip: Do not include promotional language about the company. Rather highlight the challenges you faced or hurdles you overcame in the process of developing this product. If your invention saves a boat builder 45 minutes over the previous method of installing, quantify the dollar savings to a manufacturer. If the products is a breakthrough in technology, point that out. Each category is slightly different than the next. Ask yourself how does my entry improve this category?
- Payment - $350 NMMA member/ $400 non-member
3. Upload additional required materials to Dropbox: Following submission of your online entry form, you will be provided an invitation to access the product’s Dropbox folder (please allow up to 48 hours after entry). Accept the invitation to access the folder and upload the REQUIRED product photo, company logo and product video; along with any additional supporting material (photos, brochures, articles). Access to the folder will close January 10, 2020. Materials will not be accepted after the folder closes.
4. Meet with the judging panel: Ensure an onsite representative is available to meet with the judges’ on Tuesday, February 11th and Wednesday, February 12th. This meeting will be scheduled closer to the show and will require the physical product to be on hand.
Awards Presentation: Awards will be presented during the Miami Innovation Breakfast taking place on Friday, February 14, 2020. Tickets are required for entry and must be purchased separately.
Questions? Contact Melissa Taylor, Program Manager at email@example.com
2019 Miami Innovation Awards Winners
Boat Care and Maintenance, Padxpress, Valen SAS: “This pressure-activated, all-in-one polisher with integrated compound is a gelcoat and plexiglass regenerating system that reduces labor. Now you have time to actually go boating,” said Frank Lanier.
Center Console/Walkaround Fishing Boats, 332CC, Blackfin: “A fully-featured fishing boat packed with features normally found on much larger center console designs,” Alan Jones.
Consumer Electronics, Mobile Applications and Software, Aurora, SIOnyx, LLC: “More than just a night vision camera, the Aurora serves up full color detail providing easier navigation even in extremely low light,” said Ben Stein.
Honorable Mention: Sail-Sense, Spinlock USA
Consumer Safety Equipment, Galaxy-INFL8, Shakespeare Electronics: “This compact antenna can restore full VHF performance in seconds – it’s a must have for emergency use in your life raft or dismasting,” said Ben Stein.
Cuddy Cabin and Bowrider Boats, A29, Cobalt Boats: “Cobalt has incorporated a number of lifestyle experiences like the fun Splash n Stow and the hi-tech Medallion Instruments vessel control system for today’s active family,” said Alan Wendt.
Deck Boats, 160 Super Sport, Boston Whaler, Inc.: “Great entry level boat with simple and adaptable seating that may excite a new generation of boaters,” said Kim Koditek.
Deck Equipment, ComfortGrip, Edson International: “A must-have for long trips when you’re white-knuckling a wet rail on a rough water run, this is a simple, versatile and affordable solution when you need to get a grip,” said Frank Lanier.
Docking and Fendering Equipment, Dry-Dock Seapen, Solstice Watersports/Seapen: “This docking system helps you keep your boat growth-free and ready to go – an alternative to davits or lifts,” said Greta Schanen.
Electric Motor/ Battery Powered Propulsion/Hybrids, Deep Blue 100i, Torqeedo: “Torqeedo keeps turning up the juice with electric propulsion for two new target markets – one for large torque needs as well as one for high speed applications like tow boats,” said Pat Rains.
Environmental Award, Untangled Collection - Baffin, Costa: “Made of recycled fishing nets, these lightweight sunglasses remove plastic from our oceans and give fishermen incentive to turn in their old gear,” said Greta Schanen.
Fishing Equipment, Gear and Tackle, SeaTrace 3000, FT-TEC USA Corp.: “A new fishing light watertight to 3,000 feet with inductive charging, programmable sound and colors for attracting different species,” said Greta Schanen.
Inboard Engines, 2.3L Ecoboost, Indmar Marine Engines: “The successful marination of a compact and powerful engine creates room in the boat for things you want to carry like gear or extra ballast,” said Alan Jones.
Jet Boats, 275 series featuring DRiVE, Yamaha WaterCraft Company: “Yamaha’s DRiVE system makes handling a big jet boat at slow speeds intuitive and confidence-building,” said Kim Koditek.
Outboard Engines, Integrated Outboard Propulsion, Volvo Penta: “The marriage between Volvo Penta and its 7 Marine division clearly demonstrates innovation in highly integrated and smooth-shifting helm to prop outboard propulsion systems,” said Alan Wendt.
Personal Watercrafts, Sea-Doo FISH PRO 155, BRP, Inc.: “With fishing being the most popular on-water activity, Sea-Doo is the first to create a purpose-built small craft fishing machine that’s just as happy inshore as offshore,” said Alan Jones.
Propulsion Equipment and Parts, MicroTuners ®, Nautique Boat Company, Inc.: “A simple way to tame a ski boat wake to soften its impact on slalom skiers - both hard core competitors as well as beginners will love it,” said Pat Rains.
Tow Boats, X24, MasterCraft Boat Company: “When 95% of your customers are wake surfing, the ability to switch and enhance the wave is key. Mastercraft’s Switchback tank opens up the sport to expert riders, kids and goofy-foots like never before,” said Kim Koditek.
Watersport Equipment, WakeBooster® Wake Enhancer, Yamaha WaterCraft: “Yamaha harnesses the power of the jet to enhance the surf wake for less than $1000 - including line and board. It mounts with existing hardware and is retrofittable to older boats,” said Alan Jones.