Seniority Points List
Please note that there are several factors affecting the number of points which may appear or which your company may receive per show.
- Show points indicated are the sole property of the contracted "Exhibitor of Record". An exhibitor's show history record will be carefully maintained by NMMA, and no trading of space, sharing of seniority points between commonly-owned entities, or other deviations will be permitted if the result, in the opinion of the Shows Committee, is to "leap-frog" over another exhibitor with higher point seniority.
- In February 1996, notice was given to every Exhibitor that had ever exhibited in any NMMA boat show, requesting information that would assist NMMA in reconstructing such exhibitors' past show seniority point history. The purpose was to identify dealers and/or manufacturers that had shared space contracted by one or the other-either by a dealer or the manufacturer. In these cases, NMMA and the dealer/manufacturer will work together to rectify any point history in question. Dealer/Manufacturer may be requested to supply evidence of participation (copy of space application, floor plan, copy of Working Dealer form, badge, letter from dealer/manufacturer verifying participation, etc.). Such information supplied will be held in the strictest confidence.
- Each exhibitor is awarded one show seniority point per year of show participation regardless of space size or number of locations .
- There are "single-tiered" shows and "double-tiered" shows. Single-tiered shows only tabulate the number of years a company has participated in a particular show and use this number for space allocation purposes. Double-tiered shows combine both NMMA membership points and show seniority points--i.e., each year of consecutive NMMA membership + each year of show participation. The Progressive® Insurance Miami International Boat Show®, Progressive® Insurance Strictly Sail® Miami, Progressive Insurance Los Angeles Boat Show and the International Boatbuilders' Exhibition & Conference® (IBEX) are the ONLY shows considered "double-tiered" shows that use this combined number for space allocation purposes.
- Show seniority points are maintained even if an exhibitor skips a year of participation so long as you are in compliance with all other guidelines outlined in the terms and conditions of your contract and so long as your account remains in good standing with the NMMA.
- The seniority point system shall be used for the purpose of upgrading Exhibitors to new locations within a show; and, for the purpose of increasing the size of Exhibitor's space when such space becomes available for re-allocation among current exhibitors. Requests for space upgrades, increases and/or moves MUST be made in writing on the Space Request Form. If a request is not made in writing, NMMA personnel will not assume responsibility for failure to accommodate perceived claims for upgrades, increases or moves.
Click to see the seniority list and sort options