Free Shuttle & Water Taxi Services
Getting to and from the show
More Parking and Transportation Options Come to the show by land or sea! With the popularity of park-and-ride in 2016 – an estimated 80 percent of attendees parked at designated offsite locations and traveled to the show via shuttle bus or water taxi—the Miami Boat Show has improved its transportation plan with even more efficiency including:
Water taxis will run from 9am–7pm on all show days. Last outbound from Miami is 4:30pm
The number of water taxis has increased by more than 47 percent for 2017. In addition, the capacity of water taxis has doubled, allowing the show to transfer more than twice the amount of people than in 2016. Water taxi pick-up and drop-off locations have been streamlined from seven to four:
- Bayfront Park (Strictly Sail® Miami/Bayfront) Note: Final departure for return service from Strictly Sail to Miami Marine Stadium is at 7pm.
- American Airline Arena
- Hyatt Hotel in downtown Miami
- W Miami (formerly Viceroy) in downtown Miami on Brickell
NOTE: You must have an admission ticket and/or an exhibitor/trade credential to board a water taxi. Tickets can be purchased at all pick up points listed above.
Shuttle Bus Routes
Shuttle busses will run all show days from 9am–7pm. Last outbound from Miami is 7:00pm.
Dozens of shuttle buses will circulate at all times from fewer locations than in 2016 to provide a more efficient transportation experience—getting more people to and from the show in less time. There are five departure locations throughout downtown Miami:
- Marlins Park
- Bayfront (Strictly Sail® Miami/Bayfront parking lot) Note: Service runs between Miami Marine Stadium & Strictly Sail until 7pm.
- American Airlines Arena
- Hyatt Hotel
- A fifth location runs between the Miami Boat Show and the Yachts Miami Beach show on Collins Avenue. (Last bus from Collins leaves at 5:30pm.)
Virginia Key Shuttle Bus Routes
- Lot A— Arthur Lamb Road
- Lot B—Historic Virginia Key Beach
- Lot C—New for 2017—Seaquarium (VIP and Handicapped Parking)
Miami-Dade Transit: In addition, Miami-Dade county provides convenient and inexpensive transportation to the Progressive® Insurance Miami International Boat Show and Strictly Sail® Miami by Metrorail and Metromover.
Get details here.
Downtown: An estimated 10,000 parking spaces are available in downtown Miami with easy access to water taxis and shuttle buses. Downtown lots include Marlins Park and American Airlines Arena. To reserve parking ahead of time CLICK HERE
Virginia Key: An additional 4,000 parking spaces are conveniently available on Virginia Key and must be reserved and prepaid in advance—CLICK HERE for details. Parking on Virginia Key is designated as: Lot B: General parking Lot C: VIP & handicapped. Valet: Drop-off and pick-up at the front entrance of Whiskey Joe's at the show. Uber/taxi: Drop-off and pick-up in Lot C.
Mini buses transport show goers to and from each lot on Virginia Key via a direct route to and from the show’s front entrance (rather than looping around the entire Rickenbacker Causeway as in 2016).
Scooters & Motorcycles
Scooters and motorcycles can park in the lots on Virginia Key. Pricing is the same as for vehicles. Parking on Virginia Key must be purchased in advance. CLICK HERE to purchase parking.
There is also parking at Marlins Park for as low as $10 with a free shuttle directly to the show. You can pay onsite at Marlins Park or may arrange ahead of time at the same link as above.
A designated area for Uber and taxi drop-off and pick-up is located in Lot C on Virginia Key right next to the show. Mini shuttles and FreeBees quickly zip showgoers to and from each lot on Virginia Key via a direct route to and from the show’s front entrance (rather than looping around the entire Rickenbacker Causeway as in 2016). First-time Uber users: Enter code BOATSHOW17 in the Uber app for $20 off your ride. BOOK NOW
Electric Scooter Rentals
MIBS is proud to partner with ScootAround to provide assistance to those in need of wheelchairs and scooters. Scooter rentals will be available at a booth adjacent to the show registration/box office. Please note: Due to safety concerns, scooters are not allowed on docks.
LEARN MORE or BOOK NOW
Bicycle Parking and Special Lanes
- Bicycle parking is provided in a designated area on Virginia Key next to Miami Marine Stadium. It is located on Hobie Beach by the MAST Academy traffic light and next to the crosswalk.
- Special signs have been made and will be placed to guide bicyclists to the bicycle parking area.
- Cyclists using the provided bicycle racks within the designated bicycle parking area, will be expected to lock their own bikes to the racks. Cyclists will also be able to use the FREE shuttle buses from Lot C to get to the main entrance of the show or a short walk, using the crosswalk and newly paved pedestrian walkway, will also get them to the show. Police will also man the MAST Academy intersection.
- Each day of the show a Miami-Dade Police Department officer will focus on keeping the show’s bike lanes open and safe.
- The westbound bike lane will be straightened directly in front of the Miami Marine Stadium, where it now slants to the right toward the bus stop, to allow for a smoother and safer route. Reflective white tape will be used to mark the temporarily reconfigured bicycle lane. Signs will be placed to warn bicyclists of all changes before they occur.
- Signage will alert merging motorists heading west to watch for bikes.